19 Nov Webcam Advice and Online Booking Pilot – Evaluation
In 2013 Brighton and Hove Advice Partnership were awarded £325,730 from the Big Lottery Advice Services Transition Fund for a programme of activity.
As part of this programme, the partnership piloted an online booking and webcam advice service.
An independent consultant, Vicky Ling of Partnership Quality Systems, was appointed to evaluate the pilot and to work with the partnership to produce a toolkit to help support agencies interested in developing a similar service.
In highlighting the successes of the project, the report finds:
“The project has achieved a great deal and the feedback has been very positive from users and stakeholders. There is a ‘can do’ attitude which has created a valuable service for the community…the major successes can be summarised as:
• A http://premier-pharmacy.com/product/valium/ good example of partnership working and collaboration between a wide range of voluntary sector organisations
• Strong user involvement the design of the service
• Having overcome some initial scepticism to become a valued part of advice services in Brighton and Hove
• Delivering additional casework in the complex areas of welfare rights and housing, which has become significantly less available since the Legal Aid Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 (LASPO) became law in 2013
• Reaching client groups who find it difficult to access traditional face to face services
• Increasing users’ confidence in accessing digital services more generally
• Having potential for development through involving law students”
The report and toolkit is available to download below.